In The Summer Time
Jamaica Reggae Music Vacation Lovers E-zine thanks you for subscribing to our newsletter. Jamaica's exquisite beauty shines a lot more in the summer-time.
If you like this e-zine, please do a friend and me a big favor by paying it forward. If a friend forward this to you and you like what you read then please subscribe by visiting Jamaica Reggae Music Vacation Lovers.
By the way, click here to visit my Jamaica Reggae Music Vacation Facebook page. If you have not "Liked" it as yet, please do so now. I occasionally send related messages there.
Jamaica Reggae Music Vacation Lovers - Visiting Jamaica In The Summer
Issue #006 - July 11, 2011
Welcome to our monthly newsletter. Let's review this month's highlights:
Jamaica Resort Review - A luxurious but cost effective place to stay
- Visiting Jamaica in the summer - Some considerations if you are planning your visit during the summer months
Jamaican Style Eggnog - Prepared real quick and easy eggnog with the unique flavor of Jamaica
Things Everyone Should Do On Their Visit To Jamaica
Packing For Your Trip - A checklist you should prepare
Visiting Jamaica In The Summer
If you love bright sunny days and the breeze from the very comfortable trade winds. Temperature is however at its peak during July and August which ranges from 80 to 90 degree Fahrenheit.
You should plan your visit to this island of beauty in the summer.
Not only is the weather optimal, a vacation during the months of July and August is cost effective too. Many resorts and hotels offer all-inclusive packages with up to 50% discounted rates as these months are considered as off-peak season.
Moreover, if you are fond of a less crowded beach and more relaxing destination, a trip in the summer would be a treat.
Summer is also considered as hurricane prone season of the year. And, since Jamaica lies on the hurricane belt of the Caribbean there are chances of hurricanes during the summer.
However, chances of a major storm hitting Jamaica are very rare. With today's advancement in technology, early warnings on any storm will be given long before it reaches. Also for precautionary measures, you can keep yourself updated about weather forecast.
Jamaica Resort Review
We picked Ritz-Carlton Golf & Spa Resort Rose Hall to review for this month's resort.
It is located six miles from the Montego Bay Airport - The Sangster International Airport, and one mile from the famous Rose Hall Great House.
It's equally suitable for family and couples. The hotel is a five floor luxury lodging option with all the services you would love.
You will be provided with car rental service, on site security, children programs, smoke alarms and room service to name a few. Major amenities are:
- Child care and baby sitting
- Telephone with voicemail facility
- Television and internet access
- Daily maid and coffee service
- Non-motorized water sports
- Health and fitness center
- Beach and outdoor pool
- Golf course
- Gift shops and restaurants
- Health center and spa
Food Of The Month - Jamaican Style Eggnog
Once you visit the heart of this Caribbean splendor, Jamaica, you will fall in love with our cuisines. Below is a very easy way to prepare this delightful eggnog with a Jamaican touch.
Things you will need
|2 peeled and sliced bananas||3 cups of milk|
|3 tablespoon sugar||1 tablespoon honey|
|1 teaspoon of vanilla||2 to 3 scoops of vanilla ice cream|
|1 medium egg||1 teaspoon of nutmeg|
Add all these ingredients in a blender and blend well. Best thing about this recipe is that you can make countless variations of it. For instance you can add nuts, cherries, Jamaican coffee or fruit syrup, etc.
Things Everyone Should Do On Their Visit To Jamaica
To get the most out of your vacation, every vacationer should enjoy these fun stuff when in Jamaica:
- Do not rush, take time to visit the most popular attractions depending on where you are staying in Jamaica.
- Enjoy sun-bathing on a sunny or partly cloudy day.
- Start your day with the famous blue mountain coffee of Jamaica. Most resorts offer morning coffee with an all-inclusive package.
- If you are staying in Negril, don't miss the amazing sunset view of this pristine island. View of the sun settling behind the azure waters of the Caribbean Sea from Negril with its distinct orange hue is one of the most beautiful sights every.
- Listen to charismatic reggae music in the golden evenings in Jamaica. For Bob Marley fans, I would suggest a visit to Bob Marley museum in Kingston. The landmark museum was his former home and recording studio where astounding songs were produced. There is a tour to take you.
- Hang around with family or partner for shopping and eating. Best place for shopping enthusiasts would be Montego Bay.
- Plan a whole day's trip for water sports and activities and to enjoy sightseeing some of the most exotic waterfalls and rivers on the plant.
Packing For Your Trip
For your visiting Jamaica in the summer are some essential things you need to check before leaving your home. It's recommended that you save this list and other notes on necessary items in your phone.
- Double check all your legal documents and make sure they are placed in a very safe pocket of your carry-on bag.
- Among other clothing, pack a toiletry bag along with your luggage which should include your swimsuit, a pair of jeans and shirt, a nice hat to protect yourself from too much sun, water proof sunscreen, sunglasses, toothbrushes and lip balm.
- If you are traveling with kids you may need even more useful items like medicines, and children toys.
- Get a relatively small size handbag with plenty of space and put your most important items in it.
- If you are planning lots of water sports, it is always a good idea to carry a water proof camera.
Thank you for reading our newsletter. Remember to visit our website to learn a lot more about this island of beauty and wonder.
Again thank you for reading!
Your feedback and comments are always welcomed, so please Contact Us here.
So see you next month for more information on either did you know, fun facts or in the news about Jamaica Reggae Music Vacation Lovers.
Jamaica Reggae Music Vacation Home Page
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.