Jamaica Reggae Music Vacation
Lovers - Women On Vacation To Jamaica
Jamaica Reggae Music Vacation Lovers - Women on vacation to Jamaica discusses Jamaica's culture, etiquette, what a woman should pack, skin protection and must haves.
Jamaica may seem as the most open society, with our sexiness of dancing and dressing, and the frankness of our chat, but the party scene is just one part of our culture. Jamaicans are very conservative and are practicing Christian.
If you like this e-zine, please do a friend and me a big favor by paying it forward. If a friend forward this to you and you like what you read then please subscribe by visiting Jamaica Reggae Music Vacation Lovers.
By the way, click here to visit my Jamaica Reggae Music Vacation Facebook page. If you have not "Liked" it as yet, please do so now. I occasionally send related messages there.
Women On Vacation To Jamaica
Issue #010 - November 4th, 2011
Welcome <> to this month's edition of Jamaica Reggae Music Lovers newsletter, where we decided to share some really interesting guidelines for women and girls traveling solo to Jamaica.
For women traveling solo do be prepared to receive a lot of attention from Jamaican men. Their attention has a lot to do with your foreign allure, perceived economic status, so if you are not interested in their attention just be firm in saying no in a non-aggressive manner.
You must remember that lots of women do come to Jamaica in search of renting a 'Rasta' or for some 'exotic' romance. So Jamaica men assumes that single female travelers are here to find a man, or several!!!!
As women on vacation to Jamaica be very aware of how you dress when away from the beach and your resort or hotel property. Wear something smart if you plan on going clubbing. Have fun and enjoy our reggae music and dance.
There is always a new dance to learn in Jamaica.
Let's jump right in...
- Packing Advice - A Woman's Perspective
- Saving Money On Your Trip
- Skin Protection Tips
- The Jamaican Cuisine - Recipe Of The Month
Packing Advice - A Woman's Perspective
As women it is so hard to know what to pack when going on a vacation or even a business trip to Jamaica. It takes a little time to figure out what are the essentials, when traveling to an entirely new place, so here are some packing tips for your travel to Jamaica:
- Start writing a checklist of what you'll need at least a week, or more, in advance. During that time as new things come to mind, write it down immediately, so that you do not miss out on anything important. For me, my suitcase is out and I start adding things as I think of it. Or you can have your suitcase out in the corner of your room and start throwing stuff in. The night before your flight you can review what is really necessary.
- Always carry easy to dry clothes. Though your resort do offer laundry service. And remember to pack your medical supplies.
- Be familiar with the travel information and documents required to enter Jamaica, and also where your country's embassy's information.
- On your trip to Jamaica tag your luggage with the address of where you'll be staying, not your home address in case your bags do not arrive the same time as you at the airport.
- You should have a carry-on bag that holds a change of clothe, your valuables, documents and anything you deemed just too important to get lost or mislaid.
Saving Money On Your Trip
Traveling off season is always a great idea and can cost you less as compared to high season. It's always good to search for hotels that provides all-inclusive packages.
But if you are more into traveling and adventure and less into food and drinks, look for places where you can cook your own meals.
Skin Protection Tips
If you are sensitive to the sun take the necessary protective precaution. For instance if you have sensitive eyes put on your sunglasses and also protect your head from direct sun exposure by wearing your hat.
Apply a good amount of sun-block. You can make your very own organic sun-block lotion before leaving home to take with you, here is how:
- 2 cups of Aloe Vera pulp and 1 cup of rose water.
- Blend them well together in a blender and preserve in an air tight plastic bottle.
Use whenever needed and this can also be used as a great skin toner and moisturizer.
The Jamaican Cuisine - Recipe Of The Month
Women on vacation to Jamaica who have visited Jamaica or love our exotic cuisines, I have selected an easy-to-make delicious snack with flavors of the island of Jamaica, that can be enjoyed at your garden or outdoor party.
For you, <>, our Jamaica Reggae Music Lovers subscriber this delicious snack is called Matrimony.
Ingredients You Will Need
- 2 cups of sliced star apples
- 1 cup of sliced oranges
- 1.5 cup of sliced pineapple
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of Jamaica's Blue Mountain Coffee
- 1/4 teaspoon of grated nutmeg
Add together all sliced fruits, condensed milk and the Blue Mountain Coffee in a bowl. Sprinkle chocolate chips and nutmeg on top.
You can add other fruits and syrups of different flavor if you want according to your taste.
Again thank you for subscribing to this month's newsletter on Women On Vacation To Jamaica. We hope to make your Jamaican vacation a treat you'll enjoy.
Remember to visit our website for more useful information on the beautiful island of Jamaica.
And, thanks to the Power of SBI in helping me create my website.
If you have a Jamaica story to share please do and thank you.
Your feedback and comments are always welcomed, so please Contact Us here.
Thanks for reading and see you next time.
Jamaica Reggae Music Vacation Home Page
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.