A Travelers Guide
To The Exotic Island
Jamaica Reggae Music Vacation Lovers E-zine thanks you for subscribing to our newsletter.
Are you planning a destination wedding, looking for unique things to buy and a beautiful hotel to stay. Then this month's newsletter on A Traveler's Guide To The Exotic Island of Jamaica is for your.
If you like this e-zine, please do a friend and me a big favor by paying it forward. If a friend forward this to you and you like what you read then please subscribe by visiting Jamaica Reggae Music Vacation Lovers.
By the way, click here to visit my Jamaica Reggae Music Vacation Facebook page. If you have not "Liked" it as yet, please do so now. I occasionally send related messages there.
Jamaica Reggae Music
Vacation Lovers - A Travelers
Guide To The Exotic Island Of Jamaica
Issue #009 - October 5th, 2011
Welcome <> to this month's edition of Jamaica Reggae Music Lovers newsletter. Let's have a look at the highlights:
- A Dream Wedding In Jamaica
- Things To Buy In Jamaica
- Places To Stay - Resort Review Of The Month
- Recipe Of The Month
A Dream Wedding In Jamaica
Are you and your partner considering getting married in Jamaica on this famous exotic island of romance and beauty? Well here are some things you should consider for choosing the right place, time and planner for the two of you.
- Plan ahead, way ahead of schedule. Jamaica is a tourist haven and many couples are looking to say their vows on a dream location like Jamaica. You'll probably need to book the place of your choice and the services you want months before your wedding date.
- Beach weddings can sound very romantic, which they are indeed. But remember to keep the weather conditions and the possible delays that might be caused due to them in mind when planning.
- Always hire a professional wedding planner. Do-it-yourself weddings may sound fun to you and your friends but with the help of a planner you'll be at peace and can focus on the things that should matter like the joys of the precious moments you spend while in Jamaica.
- Make a checklist with your partner of the things you're looking forward to in your wedding and discuss it with your planner. Like what is included and what is not.
- Research for the best wedding packages being offered at different resorts and hotels. Look for all-inclusive packages, having all the amenities that you and your partner are looking to enjoy on your trip to Jamaica. Such packages also include honeymoon accommodation and dining, water-sports and adventures, trips to beautiful secluded parts of the island and much more. Always try to book a place which offers honeymoon stay packages, as that will cut down your cost a lot.
These are just a few of the things to keep in mind. For more tips and considerations on planning an ideal Jamaican wedding remember to visit our website.
Things To Buy In Jamaica
The best place for shopping in Jamaica is undoubtedly it's tourist capitol, Montego Bay.
Thousands upon thousands of tourist pour into this city every year and are mesmerized by its exotic offerings of food, gifts and souvenirs to buy for loved ones.
Of course there are other places in Jamaica that have a lot to offer to you our visitors and every place has an uniqueness to it.
Remember this is a Travelers Guide to the Exotic Island of Jamaica.
Duty free shops abound almost everywhere and offer things at discounted prices. You can find local art and craft here including things like homemade baskets, paintings, straw hats, among other souvenirs.
One of the most famous souvenirs to take home from a Jamaican vacation is the exotic and beautiful wood cravings famous in this region. They are available in beautiful colors and shapes. Unique and colorful Jamaican shirts and trousers are also available among other things at these shops and also in local shops all over Jamaica and are a major hit among tourists and locals alike.
Jamaica is famous for its unique and exotic culinary experience. There are many food items you'll find available here that will make your taste buds go wild with flavor and cravings. You must try the world famous Jamaican coffee liqueur, Tia Maria. Once you taste it you'll definitely want to take some home with you.
Also definitely try the famous and exquisite local Blue Mountain coffee.
Places To Stay - Resort Review Of The Month
This month's awesome place to stay on your travel vacation to Jamaica includes a name immortalized by Ian Fleming and his fictional creation, the super-spy James Bond; the Goldeneye Hotel located in the beautiful secluded small town of Oracabessa, Jamaica.
Oracabessa is located only ten miles east of the beautiful tourist hotspot of Ocho Rios and is famous for being a quiet relaxing sport where tourist come to enjoy the peace and calm and the natural beauty of Jamaica.
With a population of little over four thousand, this town has one main street with a local market having few shops and bars.
Set amidst a tropical heaven of glorious lush green gardens and the connecting white sandy beach, Goldeneye is a compound of private villas, each luxuriously built and filled with modern amenities for all.
Each villa has marvelous rooms with most having a private swimming pool, individual garden and a private beach area.
The culinary experience is a feast in its own. All food items are available fresh, either from the sea or from the surrounding trees and are rich in local Jamaican flavors.
From Jamaican style mac and cheese to the delicious exotic Jamaican deserts.... the food and wine here is fit to make you wish you could never leave.
Some of the other amenities include:
- Many activities including fishing, tennis, bike riding through the area, jet skiing, paddle boarding, snorkeling, boating and sailing.
- Spa and gym facility.
- Children programs, babysitting and child care facility.
- Concierge Services
- Swimming pool, mini-bar
- Common area wireless access
- Laundry/Dry cleaning service
- Gift shop and many more.
Recipe Of The Month
This month treat your taste buds with the quick and easy yet very delicious Avocado Salad.
Here's what you'll need to make it:
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon and lime juices
- Salt, sugar and pepper
- Pineapple chunks
- Grated coconut
Mix oil, lime and lemon juice, salt, sugar and pepper (all according to your taste) in a bowl and refrigerate.
Cut each avocado in half and scoop out the flesh from each half, leaving almost 1/4 inch rim.
Dice into small cubes and mix with the dried pineapple chunks and 1 cup diced banana.
Add refrigerated mixture and mix. Then place the mixture into emptied avocado shells and garnish with grated coconut.
You can decorate with vegetable leaves and fruits as you like.
Again thank you for subscribing to this month's newsletter on A Travelers Guide to the exotic island of Jamaica.
Remember to visit our website for more useful information on the beautiful island of Jamaica.
And, thanks to the Power of SBI in helping me create my website.
If you have a Jamaica story to share please do and thank you.
Your feedback and comments are always welcomed, so please Contact Us here.
Till next time, ciao!!
Jamaica Reggae Music Vacation Home Page
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.