Tyson Beckford - Jamaican Celebrity
Jamaica Reggae Music Vacation Lovers E-zine thanks you for subscribing to our newsletter. Tyson Beckford, a Jamaican celebrity is the latest and most exciting news and updates about Jamaica.
If you like this e-zine, please do a friend and me a big favor by paying it forward. If a friend forward this to you and you like what you read then please subscribe by visiting Jamaica Reggae Music Vacation Lovers.
By the way, click here to visit my Jamaica Reggae Music Vacation Facebook page. If you have not "Liked" it as yet, please do so now. I occasionally send related message there.
Jamaica Reggae Music Vacation Lovers - Jamaican Celebrity
Issue #005 - June 10th, 2011
Welcome to our monthly newsletter. Let's review this month's highlights:
- Celebrity review - Tyson Beckford, one of the world's 50 most beautiful people belongs to Jamaica
- Food of the month - Curry Goat - Try this famous Jamaican Curry Goat at home.
- Cultural highlights - Reviewing the distinct culture of Reggae land.
- Planning a vacation this month? Useful tips to get you started with your vacation plans.
- Honeymoon attractions for all - Learn how to get the best deal for your money on a honeymoon plan.
Tyson Beckford, host of Make Me A Supermodel on television channel Bravo, is our celebrity of the month.
Tyson Beckford, known as a Ralph Lauren model, an amazing actor and host originally belongs to Jamaica. He has been named as Man of the Year by VH1, the music channel and as one of the world's 50 Most Beautiful People by People magazine.
Born Tyson Collin Henderson, on December 19, 1970, Beckford is famous for his terrific modeling and television achievements. He is well-known for being a guest judge at Germany's Next Top Model and Project Runaway. He has also modeled and took our breath away in several music videos; Toni Braxton's "Breathe Again" and "Unbreak My Heart". Britney Spears' 'Toxic" and Raekwon's "Ice Cream" to name a few.
Beckford currently resides in New Jersey where he lives with his 10-year old son.
Food Of The Month - Curry Goat
Are you planning for a dreamy Jamaican vacation, back from one or just want to enjoy the spicy taste of Jamaica in your home? Well invite some friends over and make this easy yet lip-smacking curried goat we have selected for you in this issue of Jamaica Reggae Music Vacation Lovers.
Take 1kg goat meat. Cut it into 1 inch pieces and put it in a mixing bowl.
Add some salt and pepper.
1 tablespoon curry power.
1 tablespoon chopped ginger and garlic.
Tablespoons lemon juice and mix well.
Marinate it for an hour.
Take 2 tablespoons oil in a pan and put the marinated goat meat into it.
Cook for half an hour. Now add 2 large onions and 2 tomatoes to the pan. Add herbs of your choice and cook for an hour or until the meat is tender.
Serve this mouthwatering curried goat with rice and enjoy!
Rich Jamaican culture becomes more distinctive and unique when you observe the art and craft of this place. Clothes, crafts, music, dance, food and culture, nearly everything is embellished with vibrancy of red, gold, maroon and green colors.
Reggae music is undoubtedly the best known Jamaican attraction. Still there is so much infused in the culture to make it more mystifying for its visitors.
Folk dance, cultural events and literature are some of the many distinctive aspects of Jamaica's culture.
If you haven't visited Jamaica already, don't miss the theater and folk culture on your upcoming vacation. As mystifying folk stories belonging to this region are ready to captivate your minds.
Kingston's dance hall is another great place to look for pure cultural art and dance.
Precautions - Planning A Vacation This Month?
Luxury resorts, white sandy beaches, cozy climate of Tropical Island, lush vegetation, clear blue waters and so much more definitely makes Jamaica the most exciting destination for your vacation.
To make this trip hassle free for you we gathered a few useful tips that you'll need to remember for your vacation.
- If you are a UK citizen you will not require visas but it's advised not to bring meat and dairy products with you.
- For US citizens a passport is now necessary.
- Don't walk too far from your hotel or villa at night. When using transportation only use your resort or hotel cab service or one authorized by the Jamaica Union of Travelers Association.
- Be particularly careful while carrying medicines. Jamaican law can be very strict if you are carrying illegal drugs.
- Driving rules are tricky, so it is advised to use taxis instead.
Seven Tips For An Affordable Honeymoon
Jamaica has an idyllic climate and hotspots for honeymooners. Best thing about having your honeymoon in Jamaica is you do not have to worry about finances if you plan it well:
- Start searching for discount airfare preferably a couple of months before your travel.
- Plan your vacation during low tourist season, like during the summer months. High tourist season is close to Christmas, starting from mid-December to mid-April.
- If you are looking for low budget season, yet a stimulating experience, plan near October and November.
- Talk with your partner and make a list of your priorities. You could stay at a mid-class resort and save money, so that you can do lots of natural attractions.
- You must take the necessary stuff like sunglasses, sun blockers and clothing with you so that you do not have to shop for necessities.
- Go for the all-inclusive honeymoon packages offered at numerous hotels and resorts.
- Negril is inexpensive when comparing with Montego Bay and Ocho Rios.
Traveling is always fun, gratifying when you make friends with the new people you meet, exciting to learn and know new culture and places.
Jamaica is arguably one of the best spots to visit in the world. The Jamaica Reggae Music Vacation Lovers just touched the surface of this bountiful paradise.
Thank you for reading our newsletter. There is so much more about Jamaica that you will love to know at our website, so don't forget to drop by.
Your feedback and comments are always welcomed.
So see you next month for more information on either did you know, fun facts or in the news about Jamaica Reggae Music Vacation Lovers.
Jamaica Reggae Music Vacation Home Page
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.